Monday 13 June 2011

Elsa's christening

It was our beautiful daughters christening on Sunday. It was such a wonderful and special day! I am now shattered though so I would thought I would quickly post some of my favourite images, from setting up for the lunch after the service. I totally went for a vintage girly theme, with lots and lots of flowers, tea cups, vintage, doilies and cakes!

Elsa looked so beautiful in her christening dress, she was an angel..........until the chocolate arrived! (see last image ;-) )
The pom pom flowers (my first attempt at making them) looked beautiful with the morning light coming through the window. If you look closely you can probably tell the order that they were made!

We went for a cup cake tower instead of a traditional cake, and lots and lots of cups of tea in these beautiful vintage tea cups! Some were my mums and some were my Mor Mors.

I made some garlands for the fireplaces with just some doilies, I think they turned out really well, simple but very pretty.
Assorted vintage plates on lace, ready for the mountain of cakes and sandwiches we were about to dish out!
I don't think many people could eat another thing at the end of it!
Note the very big chocolate stain!!!
x

No comments: