Monday 6 June 2011

Hello world, hello stripes!

I discovered the world of blogging just before my daughter arrived. It was a total revelation! Here were people who were interested in the same things as me and writing about things I wanted to learn more about. So I spent the hours during night feeds (and there were many!) trawling the blogging world, soaking up all I could, wishing I could be part of this community.
It has taken a long time for me to actually start to write. Another title I was considering was the procrastinating perfectionist. One of the main reasons I haven't started writing until now was that I wanted the perfect post to begin with, I wanted the perfect layout, perfect pictures and be fluent in my 'unique blogging voice'! I wanted all of these to be in place before I introduced myself to the rest of the blogging world, however I now realise all this comes with practice and experience. (Believe me looking at my first few posts I know there is A LOT of improvement needed!) All these things need to evolve as I actually write!
So here I am.
What better (or scarier) way to get involved is to join in with Holly Becker at decor8's Stripe Mania! (http://decor8blog.com/2011/06/01/stripe-mania/ ) Decor8 was one of the first blogs I discovered as I LOVE interior design, and Holly's blog is a delight to read. Here I am in my favourite stripey top. I am slightly distracted as my daughter is learning to walk, and she was laughing at herself in the wardrobe mirror!
I hope you like the photo, and if you drop by to my blog, please forgive its inexperience, and I hope you can keep an eye on it and see how it develops! Let me know what you think!
x

No comments: