Saturday 9 July 2011

beautiful bags


After my last beautiful bags post I was not expecting to show you a beautiful Orla Kiely bag that I actually bought this week!



Ok the bag in question was not a blow the budget, guilty purchase, from a elite boutique. 



It was in fact only £4, from my local Tesco!  Orla Kiely has designed a range of reusable shopping bags made from Juco, a material technology that combines the strength and natural properties of jute with the finishing and texture of cotton fabric.  Far from being a guilty purchase, these bags are also raising money for charity.  50p from the sale of each bag will be split equally between the UK’s leading children’s cancer charity CLIC Sargent and Orla’s personal charity, the Royal College of Art, which funds bursaries for textile students.


  
A few months ago I got my hands on the first in the range, featuring the scribble pear design.  This bag normally sits in my kitchen collecting all the recycling before I take it out to the recycling bin.  Not a very glamorous job I know but it means it sits on a stool, out where I can enjoy it, all the time!



This new design (I'm not sure what the design is called) is in different tones of grey, in a pattern of circles and lines.  I really like the geometric design, and have enjoyed using it as my shopper of choice on the back of my pushchair!



I think next week I will be back to imaginary bag purchases, but you never know! (Will mention Burberry now just in case!!)

NB. I apologise for the awful photographs, I really need to work on my photography, and I really need a new camera but I doubt I will be getting one anytime soon! 


No comments: